Transferring to a Research MA

What is the procedure?

For students enrolled in a one-year MA programme, it is sometimes possible to transfer to the Research MA per February. If you are interested, please follow the steps below.

Studying at the Bushuis

Fred van Diem

Steps to take before 9 January

  1. Check with the programme coordinator of the Research MA whether you can apply for a transfer per February. 
  2. Register in Studielink for the Research MA. Choose the study programme name with (research) within brackets.
  3. Register for second semester courses of both the Research MA as well as your current MA.
  4. Inform the Humanities' Admissions Office about your plans so they can add the Research MA to your Personal Service Page.
  5. Upload these documents onto your Personal Service Page before 9 January:
  • Motivation letter, including a study/research plan
  • CV, including contact details of 2 referees
  • A transcript of your grades obtained in the first semester*
    * If your grades have not yet been registered by 9 January, please add a list of courses in progress.
  • English language test, if applicable
  • Recent sample of academic written work (5-10 pages)

Steps to take once you have been admitted

  1. Inform the programme co-ordinator of the regular 1-year programme.
  2. De-register from your regular 1-year MA in Studielink.
  3. De-register from the courses of the regular 1-year MA.

Published by  Graduate School of Humanities

11 June 2018