Transferring to a Research MA
What is the procedure?
If you are studying a regular one-year MA programme, there are sometimes possibilities to transfer to the Research MA per February. If you are interested, please carefully follow the steps below.
Steps to take before 9 January 2017
- Check with the programme coordinator of the Research MA whether you can apply for a transfer per February.
- Register in Studielink for the Research MA. Choose the study programme name with (research) within brackets.
- Register for courses of the second semester of both the Research MA as your current MA.
- Inform the Admissions Office about your plans so they can add the Research MA to your Personal Service Page.
- Upload the following documents onto your Personal Service Page by 9 January 2017:
- Motivational letter, including a study plan
- CV, including 2 names of referees
- Recent transcript of your grades obtained in the first semester*
* If your grades have not all been registered by 9 January, you can upload your transcript later that month.
- English language test (terms academic year 2016-2017)
- Recent sample of written work
Steps to take once you have been admitted
- Inform the programme co-ordinator of the regular 1-year programme.
- De-register from your regular 1-year MA in Studielink.
- De-register from the courses of the regular 1-year MA.