Transferring to a Research MA
What is the procedure?
For students enrolled in a one-year MA programme, it is sometimes possible to transfer to the Research MA per February. If you are interested, please follow the steps below.
Steps to take before 10 January
- Check with the programme coordinator of the Research MA whether you can apply for a transfer per February.
- Register in Studielink for the Research MA. Choose the study programme name with (research) within brackets.
- Register for second semester courses of both the Research MA as well as your current MA.
- Inform the Humanities' Admissions Office about your plans so they can add the Research MA to your Personal Service Page.
- Upload these documents onto your Personal Service Page before 10 January:
- Motivation letter, including a study/research plan
- CV, including contact details of 2 referees
- A transcript of your grades obtained in the first semester*
* If your grades have not yet been registered by 10 January, please add a list of courses in progress.
- English language test, if applicable
- Recent sample of academic written work (5-10 pages)
Steps to take once you have been admitted
- Inform the programme co-ordinator of the regular 1-year programme.
- De-register from your regular 1-year MA in Studielink.
- De-register from the courses of the regular 1-year MA.