Archival and Information Studies: Information Studies
The Master's programme in Information Studies prepares you for a career in the world of information in the broadest possible sense.
The new information professional works at the intersection of technology, information and people. Traditional work can be found in libraries, in culture and media, government and advocacy, but also increasingly in finance, law, health and business.
Beyond the growing need for digital archivists and digital librarians, new forms of work now exist for the Information professional. These include, among others:
- Community activists
- Data entrepreneurs
- Information architects, researchers and consultants
- Media strategists
- Metadata curators
- Preservation specialists
- Health information managers
- User experience researchers or designers
- Business information specialists
- Environmental data specialists