Comparative Literature (Literature)
The Master’s programme Comparative Literature is open for application to all students with:
A University Bachelor's diploma
The Master's in Comparative Literature is open for application to all students holding a Bachelor’s degree from the UvA or from another accredited university in:
- German language and culture*
- English language and culture*
- French language and culture*
- Italian language and culture*
- Dutch language and culture*
- Scandinavian languages and cultures*
- Spanish language and culture*
- Slavonic languages and culture*
- European Studies*
- Other Bachelor’s programme in the Humanities*
*Candidates should have a demonstrable affinity with the theoretical study of literature and culture.
The level of the Bachelor's diploma from a foreign higher education institution must be equal to three years of Dutch university education (to be judged by the Examinations Board).
English language requirements
New Master's students should be able to speak, read, write and understand English at advanced academic level. Please carefully check whether you already meet the English language requirements or whether you may need to arrange to take an official English language test.
To apply for this Master's programme you will need to upload a variety of application documents. An overview and explanation of the different documents can be found in the document Application documents explained. Please see: Submit your application.