European Policy (European Studies)
The Master's in European Policy is a one-year programme in which you explore European governance and theories of integration, neoliberalism, European geopolitics and EU law. The first semester comprises five core courses, while in the second you focus on your Master's Thesis. You also have the option of doing an internship at the end of the programme.
The Master's in European Policy comprises 60 ECTS credits with the option of adding an internship of 20 ECTS credits:
- 42 credits for core courses.
- 18 credits for a Master's thesis.
- 20 credits for a European internship
The Master's thesis reports on research carried out under the supervision of an academic staff member involved in the programme. The subject of the thesis must be mutually agreed upon by the student and the academic adviser. The thesis should be started during your first semester and completed at the end of your second semester.
Once you have submitted your Master’s thesis, you have the opportunity to do a semester-long internship that connects to the subjects and theories of European Policy. Please note that the internship takes place after the first year and requires you to enrol for a third semester. Potential internship organisations include:
- National governments;
- EU institutions such as European Commission and the European Parliament;
- Permanent Representations to the EU, OSCE and UN;
- International affairs at a Regional administration;
- Lobby representation at EU level – both regional or municipal administration and corporate world;
Detailed course information
For detailed course information, please see the UvA Course Catalogue: