Transferring to a Research Master's
What is the procedure?
For students enrolled in a one-year Master's programme, it is sometimes possible to transfer to the Research Master's per February. If you are interested, please follow the steps below.
Steps to take before 9 January
- Check with the programme coordinator of the Research Master's whether you can apply for a transfer per February.
- Add an enrolment application in Studielink for the Research Master's. Choose the programme option that is followed by '- Research Master's, after a temporary termination of enrolment' or by 'research master - na studieonderbreking'. You can then choose for the option Start date: February 2019.
Please note: do not yet deregister from the one-year MA programme in Studielink.
- Register for second semester courses of both the Research Master's as well as your current Master's.
- Inform the Humanities Admissions Office about your plans so they can add the Research Master's to your Personal Service Page and you can complete your application for a transfer.
- Upload these documents onto your Personal Service Page before 9 January:
- Motivation letter, including a study/research plan
- CV, including contact details of 2 referees
- A transcript of your grades obtained in the first semester*
* If your grades have not yet been registered by 9 January, please add a list of courses in progress.
- English language test, if applicable
- Recent sample of academic written work (5-10 pages)
Steps to take once you have been admitted
- Inform the programme co-ordinator of the regular 1-year programme.
- Check that you are registrered correclty in Studielink for the programe you switch to per February.
- De-register from your regular 1-year Master's in Studielink per February.
- De-register from the courses of the regular 1-year Master's.