The Letje Lips Amsterdam Merit Scholarship will be awarded to students from a non-privileged background who wish to use this international programme to better themselves and who show a passion for the development of a just, inclusive and multicultural world. There are approximately five scholarships available for applicants of a Master's programme at the Graduate School of Humanities.
- You hold a non-EU/EEA passport and are not eligible for the statutory tuition fees.
- You are applying to a Master's programme at the UvA for the first time. Scholarships will not be awarded to candidates who are applying to a second Master's programme at the UvA.
- You meet the entry requirements of the Master's programme, including the English language requirements.
- You have not been granted another scholarship in addition to the LLAMS. Please notify the Admissions Office of the Graduate School of Humanities if you have been awarded another scholarship.
- You are applying for a Master's programme offered by the Graduate School of Humanities (regular, dual or research) that does not have interviews as part of the admissions procedure. This means you are not eligible for a scholarship if you are applying for one of the following programmes: Art and Performance Research Studies, Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage, Curating Art and Cultures, Heritage and Memory Studies, International Dramaturgy, Latin American Studies, Museum Studies, and the Dutch-taught programmes Documentaire en fictie, Educatie en communicatie (Duits, Engels, Frans, Nederlands), Journalistiek en media, Nederlands als tweede taal en meertaligheid and Publieksgeschiedenis.
Please make sure to submit both your Master's and the scholarship application before 15 January. Late or incomplete applications for the LLAMS will not be considered. Your LLAMS will also not be taken into consideration if you have not submitted a complete Master's application before 15 January. Scholarships cannot be awarded to students who are not admitted to the Master's programme they applied for.
How to apply
You will need to submit a scholarship application parallel to your Master's application. The Master's application and the scholarship application will be reviewed by different committees. Submit your scholarship application and Master's application by completing the following steps:
- Start with your application for a Master's programme. For instructions on how to apply for a Master's programme, please go to Application;
In your MyInfo application form, you will find the option ‘apply for a scholarship’. Tick this box and submit the (complete) application form before the deadline.
- Download the scholarship application form below and follow the instructions in the document. You are asked to include a motivation letter, your cv/resume, the academic background of your caregiver(s), transcript of records including your GPA and diploma (if you have already finished your degree).
Make sure to save your application form as a PDF file according to the format Firstname_Surname_UvAnetID_Scholarship_Application.
- Once you have your application form filled in and ready, submit your application via Qualtrics.
The selection committee of the Graduate School of Humanities will decide whether you will be pre-selected for an LLAMS. You can expect a decision on your application in Spring.