Steps to take before 5 January
We recommend you to notify the Research Master's Programme coordinator and the study adviser that you wish to apply for a transfer application. Please note: it is only possible to enrol in the Research Master's in History in September. A transfer in February is not possible.
1. Inform the Admissions Office
Let us know that you wish to apply for a transfer to the Research Master’s via the form below.
2. Register in Studielink
Submit an enrolment request in Studielink for the research Master's. Choose the programme option that is followed by '- Research Master's, after a temporary termination of enrolment' or by 'research master - na studieonderbreking'. You can then choose for the option Start date: February 2022. This step must be completed by 3 January 2022 at the latest.
Please note: do not yet deregister from the one-year Master's programme in Studielink.
Important: if you apply for a transfer after already having completed a Master's programme in the Netherlands, this will be considered a new enrolment and a second Master's degree, as a result of which you may no longer be entitled to the statutory tuition fee.
3. Submit application form
Please note: unlike with a regular application, non-EU/EEA citizens do not need to pay an application fee for a transfer application. Once you inform the Admissions Office of your intent to submit a transfer application, please await their response before submitting your application in MyInfo.
After registering in Studielink, you will automatically receive an email with a link to your MyInfo UvA application form. You must submit your application dossier in MyInfo before 5 January 2022. Please mind that students who wish to transfer to a Research Master’s are only required to upload the following documents:
- An overview of your first-semester grades from the Master’s programme you are currently doing at the UvA. You can do so by making a printscreen of your results in SIS. If your grades are not yet available, please upload an overview of the courses yet to be graded;
Upload the overview of your grades in the step Transfer application in MyInfo.
- A motivation form (PDF);
- A curriculum vitae/resume;
- A programme-specific document (if required; check the programme page of the research Master's);
- If the language of instruction of the Research Master’s is the same as the regular Master’s programme, you are automatically exempt from the English or Dutch language requirements. In this case, you can select the option "My degree certificate/diploma includes final grades..." in the application form in MyInfo.
If the language of instruction of the Research Master’s differs from the regular Master’s programme, you are expected to upload proof of English or Dutch language proficiency (depending on the language of instruction of the Research Master’s), which meets our criteria.
- If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen, you do not need to pay the application fee (€ 100) again for your transfer application. Once you inform the Admissions Office of your intent to submit a transfer application, please, await their response before submitting your application in MyInfo (step 3). You can already register in Studielink for the research master’s in accordance with step 2.
4. Register for courses
In the course registration period, register for second-semester courses of both the Research Master's as well as your current Master's programme.
Steps to take once you have been admitted
- Inform the Programme coordinator of the one-year programme.
- Check that you are registered correctly in Studielink for the programme you are switching to per February.
- Deregister from your one-year Master's in Studielink per February.
- Deregister from the courses of the one-year Master's.