For students enrolled in a one-year Master's programme, it is sometimes possible to transfer to the Research Master's per February. If you are interested in applying for a transfer to a Research Master’s, please follow the steps below.
Steps to take before 6 January
- We recommend you to notify the Research Master's Programme coordinator and the study adviser that you wish to apply for a transfer application. However, this is not obligatory.
- Inform the Admissions Office of the Graduate School of Humanities that you wish to apply for a transfer to the Research Master’s via uva.nl/questionform.
- Submit an enrolment request in Studielink for the Research Master's. Choose the programme option that is followed by '- Research Master's, after a temporary termination of enrolment' or by 'research master - na studieonderbreking'. You can then choose for the option Start date: February 2021. This step must be completed by 4 January 2021 the latest.
Please note: do not yet deregister from the one-year Master's programme in Studielink.
- After registering in Studielink, you will automatically receive an email with a link to your MyInfo UvA application form. You must submit your application dossier in MyInfo before 6 January 2021. Please mind that students who wish to transfer to a Research Master’s are only required to upload the following documents:
- An overview of your first-semester grades from the Master’s programme you are currently doing at the UvA. You can do so by making a print-screen of your results in SIS. If your grades are not yet available by 5 January 2021, please upload an overview of the courses yet to be graded;
- A motivation form;
- A programme-specific document (if required);
- As you have already been admitted to a regular Master’s programme at the Graduate School of Humanities, you are automatically exempt from the English or Dutch language requirements as long as the language of instruction of the programme you are currently enrolled in corresponds with that of the Research Master’s. If the language of instruction of the Research Master’s differs from the regular Master’s programme, you are expected to upload proof of English or Dutch language proficiency (depending on the language of instruction of the Research Master’s), which meets our criteria.
- Register for second-semester courses of both the Research Master's as well as your current Master's programme.
Steps to take once you have been admitted
- Inform the Programme coordinator of the one-year programme.
- Check that you are registered correctly in Studielink for the programme you are switching to per February.
- Deregister from your one-year Master's in Studielink per February.
- Deregister from the courses of the one-year Master's.