After submitting your enrolment request in Studielink, you will receive your UvAnetID by email within 48 hours. You will need your UvAnetID to log in to the application portal called MyInfo. Please make sure you prepare your application well before filling in the application form. We ask you to submit the application form within two weeks after your registration in Studielink, however, this is not mandatory.
Collect your application documents
Collect all the documents you need for your application if you have not done so already. You are asked to upload the following documents:
- curriculum vitae;
- proof of language proficiency (if required, see language requirements);
- transcript of records, up-to-date and issued by your home institution;
- diploma (if already obtained) or list of courses yet to complete;
- translation of your diploma and transcript of records (if they are not in English, Dutch, German or French);
- motivation form (PDF);
- programme-specific document (if required, see below).
Programmes that require a programme-specific document
For the following Master's programmes, applicants are required to upload one or more programme-specific documents. Please check the Application & Admission page of your programme for detailed instructions.
- Archival and Information Studies
- Art and Performance Research Studies
- Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage
- Cultural Analysis
- Curating Art and Cultures: only for the specialisation Arts of the Netherlands
- Duits (Educatie en communicatie) (Dutch-taught; depending on your prior education)
- Film Studies
- Filosofie (Dutch-taught; depending on your prior education)
- Geschiedenis (research, Dutch-taught)
- Heritage and Memory Studies
- Heritage, Memory and Archaeology
- Holocaust and Genocide Studies
- International Dramaturgy
- Journalistiek en media (Dutch-taught)
- Linguistics and Communication
- Literary Studies
- Media Studies (research)
- Museum Studies
- New Media and Digital Culture (depending on your prior education)
- Philosophy (one-year; depending on your prior education)
- Philosophy (research)
- Preservation and Presentation of the Moving Image
- Redacteur/editor (Dutch-taught)
- Religious Studies (research)
- Television and Cross-Media Culture
Please check the Application & admission page of your Master's programme for details about the programme-specific document(s) you need to upload.
Submit your MyInfo application form
Login to MyInfo with your UvAnetID in order to open the application form. Fill in the required fields (marked with an asterisk) and upload all necessary documents. You can save your concept application form and finish it later, as long as you send it before the deadline that applies to the programme you are applying for. By submitting the MyInfo application form, you declare that you have truthfully uploaded all required documents.
Is the submit button not working? Check carefully if you missed any mandatory fields.
Wait for admission decision
Once we have received your complete application, it will be evaluated by our Admissions Board. All our non-selective Master's and some selective programmes offer rolling admissions, meaning you can expect an admission decision within 10 to 12 weeks after completing your application. Some selective programmes only start processing applications after the deadline. This has to do with the limited number of places available in the programme. In this case, you will receive a decision 10 to 12 weeks after the deadline. Check the Application & Admission page for the programme of your choice for detailed information.
If you are admitted to the programme, you will receive a letter of conditional acceptance. In order to proceed with your enrolment, you must accept this offer at your earliest convenience. Read more about the steps you need to take to make your offer unconditional and to become fully registered as an UvA student: