For the academic year 2023-2024, there was one LLAMS available of €25,000.
Please note: this page is currently under review. Information for the academic year 2024-2025 will be published in November 2023.
- You hold a non-EU/EEA nationality and you are not eligible for the statutory tuition fees.
- You are a first-time degree seeking student at the University of Amsterdam.
- You have submitted a complete application at the Graduate School of Humanities for a one-year, non-selective English-taught Master’s programme (Research, Dual Master’s and one-year programmes that have a selection/interview component, are not eligible).
- You meet the entry requirements of the Master's programme, including the English language requirements.
- You have not been granted another scholarship in addition to the LLAMS. Please notify the Admissions Office of the Graduate School of Humanities if you have been awarded another scholarship.
- You don’t need to have obtained your Admissions result yet at the time of the LLAMS deadline, but the LLAMS will only be awarded to a (conditionally) accepted candidate.
- If you are selected for the LLAMS and conditionally accepted, you need to have handed in your certified documents (diploma or gradation statement, final transcripts) by 1 May 2023 at the latest.
- You have to be able to comply with the visa regulations.
- You will have to be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year 2023-2024.
Please make sure to submit both your Master's application and the LLAMS application before 15 January 2023, 23:59 GMT+1. Late or incomplete applications for the LLAMS will not be considered. Students who have not submitted a complete Master’s application in MyInfo, will not be considered for the LLAMS.
How to apply
You will need to submit a scholarship application parallel to your Master's application. The Master's application and the LLAMS application will be reviewed by different committees. Submit your scholarship application and Master's application by completing the following steps:
- Submit your complete application for a Master's programme in MyInfo. For instructions on how to apply for a Master's programme, please go to Application;
In your MyInfo application form, you will find the option ‘apply for a scholarship’. Tick this box and submit the (complete) Master’s application before the deadline of 15 January 2023.
- After submitting your MyInfo application, fill out the LLAMS application below. You are asked to include a motivation letter, your cv/resume and the academic background of your caregiver(s).
Make sure to save your documents as separate PDF files according to the format:
First Name, Last Name, Student Number, name of document
Applications for the LLAMS will be carefully evaluated by the selection committee. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their LLAMS application no later than mid-May 2023.
As mentioned above, there is only one LLAMS available for the academic year 2023-2024. The LLAMS is a very competitive scholarship to obtain. Only a student who has been admitted to one of the English-taught, one-year, non-selective Master's programme at the Graduate School of Humanities can be awarded the LLAMS.